Dr Baskar P Manickam
Consultant Anaesthetist in Darlington Memorial Hospital, County Durham and Darlington
NHS Foundation Trust, UK.
Clinical fellowship in regional anaesthesia and acute pain, toronto western Hospital, university of toronto, Canada.
CCT training in northern school of anaesthesia, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
Overseas training : MD (anaesthesia) and DA (anaesthesiology), India.
MBBS, DA, MD, FRCA
- Regional anaesthesia practice and training
- Career guidance for new doctors and patient education about anaesthesia
- Healthcare education and training in developing countries
- Web-based teaching on www.inerve.co.uk
- Productive operating theatres and efficiency models in healthcare
Manickam BP, Oosthuysen SA, Parikh MK: Supraclavicular brachial plexus blockvariant
relation of brachial plexus to subclavian artery on the first rib. Reg Anesth Pain Med
2009; 34: 383-4
Manickam BP, Perlas A, Chan VW, Brull R: The role of a preprocedure systematic
sonographic survey in ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia. Reg Anesth Pain Med 2008; 33:
Manickam BP, Brull R: Implications of a permanent cardiac pacemaker in peripheral
nerve blockade. Reg Anesth Pain Med 2009; 34: 233-5
Kumar CM, Williamson S, Manickam B: A review of sub-Tenon's block: current
practice and recent development. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2005; 22: 567-77